Starting anything new can be difficult, but this is especially true when it comes to exercise. Not only is it hard to figure out where to begin in the first place, it can be tough to find the motivation it takes to stick with it until you see results. This is why a private lesson can be the perfect way to kick-start your Pilates journey.
If you’re not sure private lessons are really necessary, here are a few reasons that may change your mind.
- Getting help from the beginning can make sure you’re off to a good start. This means you won’t develop bad habits that you have to break later. It also means you will reduce your risk for injury.
- It’s natural to have many questions when you start something new, but it can be difficult or even embarrassing to ask them in a group setting. In a private lesson, however, you can ask all of your questions more freely.
- Nobody wants to put in time and effort for nothing; exercise is about results after all! Having a few private lessons can improve your technique and boost your results. This is great for starting out, but it can also help if you’ve hit a plateau.
- When you’re struggling with extra weight or are just out of shape, exercising in a class setting can be stressful or feel awkward. In a private setting, however, you don’t have to worry about this at all. This leaves you completely free to focus on your exercise.
- Those who have injuries, illness, or pain may need movements adjusted to accommodate their unique situation. While everything can be modified, this is easier to do in a private setting where you can explain your issues more fully.
As you can see, we’re big fans of private lessons, even if it’s just a couple in the beginning to get you started on the right foot! If you’re ready to get started, or have questions, just call us at (417) 582-1025.